Fimela.com, Jakarta Novel yang berjudul "Me Before You" merupakan novel karya Jojo Moyes yang bergenre romantis dan memiliki sekuel. Kesuksesan novel ini membuat kisahnya diangkat menjadi film romantis dengan judul yang sama.
Novel ini bercerita tentang sosok Lousa Clark, yakni seorang wanita berusia 26 tahun yang baru saja kehilangan pekerjaan tercintanya. Ia harus menelan realita bahwa caf tempatnya bekerja selama ini harus bangkrut, dan terpaksa memberhentikannya.
Sampai ia menerima pekerjaan sebagai assiten pribadi untuk Will Traynor, pemuda sukses yang terkena musibah kecelakaan sampai membuatnya menjadi lumpuh dan tidak bisa melakukan aktivitas sehari -hari. Awal pertemuan keduanya memang tidak baik, namun dengan berjalannya waktu, mereka berdua saling jatuh cinta. Sayangnya, novel ini harus diakhiri dengan akhir kisah cinta yang memilukan.
Sepanjang alur cerita berjalan, kamu akan disuguhi oleh kutipan-kutipan kehidupan yang sayang jika kamu lewatkan. Untuk itu, berikut Fimela.com telah merangkum 20 kutipan terbaik novel Me Before You karya Jojo Moyes tentang kisah cinta memilukan. Dilansir dari beragam sumber, simak kutipannya di bawah ini.
Kutipan Novel Me Before You Bagian I
1. “You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
2. “Push yourself. Don't Settle. Just live well. Just LIVE.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
3. “Some mistakes... Just have greater consequences than others. But you don't have to let the result of one mistake be the thing that defines you. You, Clark, have the choice not to let that happen.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
4. “I will never, ever regret the things I've done. Because most days, all you have are places in your memory that you can go to.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
5. “All I can say is that you make me... you make me into someone I couldn't even imagine. You make me happy, even when you're awful. I would rather be with you - even the you that you seem to think is diminished - than with anyone else in the world.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
Kutipan Novel Me Before You Bagian II
6. “You can only actually help someone who wants to be helped.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
7. “Push yourself. Don’t settle. Wear those stripy legs with pride. And if you insist on settling down with some ridiculous bloke, make sure some of this is squirreled away somewhere. Knowing you still have possibilities is a luxury. Knowing I might have given them to you has alleviated something for me.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
8. “I hadn’t realized that music could unlock things in you, could transport you to somewhere even the composer hadn’t predicted. It left an imprint in the air around you, as if you carried its remnants with you when you went.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
9. “You are scored on my heart,Clark. You were from the first day you walked in,with your ridiculous clothes and your complete inability to ever hide a single thing you felt.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
10. “I realized I was afraid of living without him. How is it you have the right to destroy my life, I wanted to demand of him, but I’m not allowed a say in yours?But I had promised.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
Kutipan Novel Me Before You Bagian III
11. “I thought, briefly, that I would never feel as intensely connected to the world, to another human being, as I did at that moment.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
12. “Live boldly. Push yourself. Don't settle.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
13. “Do you know how hard it is to say nothing? When every atom of you strains to do the opposite? I had practiced not saying anything the whole way from the airport, and it was still nearly killing me.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
14. “I told him I loved him,” she said, her voice dropping to a whisper. “And he just said it wasn’t enough.” Her eyes were wide and bleak . “How am I supposed to live with that?”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
15. “I know this isn’t a conventional love story. I know there are all sorts of reasons I shouldn’t even be saying what I am. But I love you. I do. I knew it when I left Patrick. And I think you might even love me a little bit.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
Kutipan Novel Me Before You Bagian IV
16. “The thing about being catapulted into a whole new life--or at least, shoved up so hard against someone else's life that you might as well have your face pressed against their window--is that it forces you to rethink your idea of who you are. Or how you might seem to other people.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
17. “Sometimes , Clark, you are pretty much the only thing that makes me want to get up in the morning -Will Traynor <3”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
18. “I let him know a hurt had been mended in a way that he couldn’t have known, and for that alone there would always be a piece of me indebted to him.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
19. “He smelt of the sun, as if it had seeped deep into his skin, and I found myself inhaling silently, as if he were something delicious.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
20. “ And I don't want to look at you every day, to see you naked,to watch you wandering around the annexe in your crazy dresses and not...not be able to do what I want with you. Oh, Clark,if you had any idea what I want to do to you right now.And I...i can't live with that knowledge. I can't. It's Not who I am. I can't be the kind of man who just...accepts.”― Jojo Moyes, Me Before You